Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The New York Revue

After being inundated with requests by anxious and impatient Telescopic superfans, I have acquiesced and finally produced some blog-worthy selections from my (not-so-recent-anymore) trip to New York...

Enjoy!
--gillian

These first few are shots taken aboard the Long Island RailRoad... just some cool metalwork and industrial dinosaurs.


I spent a day in Brooklyn with my friend Ahsen, where we took tea, Williamsburg-style:





...and then enjoyed a delicious afternoon brunch (the best kind) at Egg.  Here's Ahsen & co. while we wait for our table.



While in Brooklyn, we checked out The Future Perfect, a totally awesome spot well-stocked with hand-picked furniture and accessories for the modern urbanite/borough-dweller...



...including some bad-ass jewelry personally made by the adorable Kiel Mead (jeweler/shopboy/cutie)...

... and these fine art skateboards (they read Father/Son/Holy Ghost).

Another lovely New York day was spent, West Village style, with my good friend Will.

I was lucky enough to get taken on a tour of this adorable neighborhood, stopping at a couple of his favorite spots, which I'm delighted to share with you!
Our first stop was Lord Willy's: a little nook of a men's shop where sharp-dressing New Yorkers can get outfitted with the finest in haberdashery: colorful shirts and ties, heirloom-quality suiting, and cheeky cufflinks.  Keep your eyes peeled: you'll know it by the garden gnome standing guard in the front window.


"Don't be silly. There's no such thing as too many shirts!"

Will also took me to Greenwich Letterpress, one of the most adorable card shops I've ever been to (and I've been to a lot!) -- it's beautifully arranged and packed with charming stationery, hand-selected cards, antique-y bookplates and vintage maps.

He also turned me on to my new favorite stationer: Jonathan Wright.  I love to get some anatomy with my correspondence.  Thanks, Will!

And thanks to the entire city of New York for keeping its shops tended by adorable and charming shopboys the whole city over.  How can you not love this?


No comments: